Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM FLORIDA!!
Wait, really? How on earth is it November?? Time has absolutely FLOWN by. I truly feel like it has been weeks since I moved here. So many awesome things have happened and I have much to be thankful for.

Are you a planner? I am. Always have been, and I will likely always be. It comes with its perks, as anything else. And then God sends you down paths you can’t plan for and it rocks your world because heaven forbid you don’t expect the next step. (As I blogged about a couple posts back..) Well the Lord has been so very sovereign in His promises to me. It’s amazing to look back and see all the times I doubted and now be able to see where He was not saying “No” but rather “Not now”. (Or He did say “No” and thank goodness He did!) How fickle I can be!! This song was introduced to me recently and I can so very much relate to its lyrics…

Running in Circles – United Pursuit Band

I’m so forgetful, but you always remind me

You’re the only one who brings me peace

You’re the only one who brings me peace

So I come, Lord I come, I come, Lord I come

To tell you I love you

To tell you I need you

To tell you there’s no better place for me than in your arms

To tell you I’m sorry for running in circles

For placing my focus on the ways and not your face

You’re the only one who brings me peace

You’re the only one who brings me peace

It’s human nature, but I would assume that is something we could all relate to on some level. My prayer and efforts recently have been in strengthening my faith and “intune-ness” with the Lord to be able to hear Him speaking to me. I’m really good at sending requests, but not as adept at the whole listening portion. I want badly to hear Him. I feel quite ashamed to have been a “Christian” for as long as I have been and still be so far behind in this endeavor. Well I have been given some AWESOME advice and it’s really helping! So I thought I’d pass it along. Invite God to be a part of your life in every aspect – the big and the small things. How, you ask? GREAT question, because that was mine! :) When that lovely alarm goes off in the morning, before rolling out of bed and starting the day, open up a prayer…and leave it open! Carry it through your entire day. I find myself talking to him exponentially more, and thinking about myself less. Sometimes it’s big things – “God what is your purpose for me here?”. Sometimes it’s not about me – “Lord, be with my patient. I cannot even fathom this life they have been asked to live.” It’s thanksgiving, question, doubt, a plea, etc. I’m hoping that I can rely on him more and truly make Him my “lifeline”. Not that He is more present now than He was before, but I can see and feel him now! This is a baby step in a long way to go, but a “mile marker” in my journey nonetheless.

Back in Texas I was in a patient room along with a chaplain and the patient was asked by the chaplain if he would desire prayers. The response by the patient was “Have we really come to that?” I was (almost physically) taken back. Wow. That’s how I approach prayer sometimes – the last resort instead of Plan A. I hope to change that permanently. Who is your lifeline?

Wishing you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Remember that the Lord is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment