Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The last few weeks have been crammed with lots of excitement!

Of most importance, my (not so) little brother got engaged! Still so hard to believe! I'm excited about having a sister for the first time and inviting a wonderful young lady into the family! Congrats Richard and Callie!

My High School Alma mater (Westbury Christian School) put on an awesome event (of which my family was actively involved) - Charlie Ward's Evening of Excellence featuring Tony Dungy. It was an awesome afternoon! It was wonderful to see so many people I hadn't seen in so long, lots of celebrity guests, and most of all a huge success for the school!

This past weekend I was able to get a long weekend off from my Dietetic Internship (Residency) and went home and hung out in Galveston with the family! We had such a good time and it was so nice to get a breather! (Not that I could completely walk away from hospital work, but doing so in a hammock on the beach is just so so much more pleasant!)

Fall is on it's way in and this reprieve from a month of 100+ degree days straight is much welcomed! I am getting more and more acclimated to Dallas (and hospital) life, and I have several things to look forward to in the not too distant future (friends to visits and events to attend) - life just seems pretty good!

Through these times were life is good, it is often easy to get caught up in the fun and excitement and forget where these great blessings come from. Conversely, when times are rough and things are not coming easily, I am usually quick to question, blame and be angry with God for not keeping my path smooth.

For this reason, this week I pray that God keep my life continually balanced with both blessings and trials; trials so that I can be constantly reminded that I am in need of his help and strength, and blessings to be reminded of his power and love for me.

3 comments:

  1. Quite a bit have happened hasn't it? congratulations to your brother and fiancee on their engagement, always good news.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer for blessings and trials ... very wise, because they will both come.

    Linked here from Steve's blog. Saw you attenced a C of C university. I have a senior daughter at Harding, and a son that just graduated from F-HU two years ago. So, we are a pretty big supporter (literally :) of our schools.

    Have some Harding pics up on my blog (Family Fountain) right now.

    wb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren, thanks for stopping by! I also have a brother at Harding. The CoC world is a small one! And yes, I wouldn't give anything for the experience I had at LU! I'm sure your kids have/are experiencing the same blessings!

    ReplyDelete