Sunday, June 13, 2010

Traveling Companion

Wow. Life has been a whirlwind this last week. As a college student, I became very accustomed to late nights. Since I have been home, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen the other side of 11:00pm – mostly due to the fact that we are just going all the time! Not that I can complain. We have been craming in some really fun activities. My (2nd) cousins are intown and so we have enjoyed Galveston, the pool, Schlitterbahn, the Science Museum, Arcades, shopping all on top of this wellness program for my dad which has us running, biking, lifting, etc. I know you pity me in my rough life…

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about grace. With this effort of eating healthy, we have established “Grace Meals”. These are for the times where it is socially inappropriate to impose upon others the high maintenance of a weight loss initiative – especially for my father in professional situations, hence our implementation of “grace.” Not that this kind of grace resembles the grace we receive from our Father at all (in fact, our “Grace meals” really are falsely named!) but it has triggered thought none the less.

It is not shocking to God that we mess up. This is why He is prepared with Grace. Not that this serves as an excuse as it does in a wellness program, but what a relief that we have not been pressured with the burden of perfection. It is for me. It is easy for me to put that exact pressure on myself. These are not mind blowing or new thoughts, but so important (for me anyway) to remember as I continue this pursuit of “Amber’s Story”.

The story doesn’t have to be perfect to be profound.

Thank you, God, for your grace, your blessings and unconditional love. Thank you for the doors you open and grant us the courage and wisdom to walk through those doors boldly and confidently knowing that through You those opportunities will make the Story powerful.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog, loved the prayer at the end.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great job, Amberella! We all need Grace!

    ReplyDelete